2005/08/08

Bettye LaVette

Hey guys. I, too, am back from LA -- or rather, a tiny LA suburb. But here is music.


Bettye LaVette

Bluesoul Belles (2005)
Let Me Down Easy
Bettye LaVette is amazing.
I Feel Good All Over
Bettye LaVette is amazing again.

Walter Gibbons

Doin' the Best That I Can 12" (1978)
Doin' the Best that I Can
Walter Gibbons remixes of Bettye LaVette are amazing.



Quick background: the lady hails from Detroit, and the first two songs I picked are off a brilliant compilation that came out earlier this year--Bluesoul Belles, with "the complete Calla, Port, and Roulette recordings" of Ms LaVette and another woman, Carol Fran. LaVette has a very interesting history, but I'm not in the mood to type it out right now (an edit is in the works, friends; I will elaborate on Gibbons too).

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow. the bettye lavette is awesome.

9/8/05 17:04  
Blogger phia said...

Glad you both like it!

Z: I've had a mix ready since, uh, May or something. I keep forgetting to send it off. It's all female and mostly rockabilly, but has little bits of soul in there too.

9/8/05 17:49  
Blogger phia said...

Celebrities.

10/8/05 14:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. great stuff. I like the whole site - from tony conrad to faron young.

21/8/05 13:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One good resource for pda software and many more free software alternatives is Software4YourSuccess.com
Yes it is my site and I would love for you to drop by for a second. From there you will have free access to several of my products such as The Marketing Toolbar (which is goldmine of information on how to do things quickly and on the cheap, thus saving you time and money).
Also for webmasters I have created Webmaster Wizards, which will help you with almost every aspect of putting code on your site from things such as legal and privacy disclaimers to popunders. I have so much content and free software there I could fill up this whole blog, so check it out Thanks, Sincerely Rob Rudd

10/10/05 14:58  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home