2006/02/02

Swim!

The first is a tune I have played on almost every radio show I have ever done (once, the record was misplaced, & we could not find it one week. The next week, when we found it, we played it twice in a row). The second is what I think drowning slowly sounds like.


Ian Dury

Lord Upminster (1981)
Spasticus Autisticus
There is not a single song I am more familiar with than this one. Rumor has it, Dury wrote this at the request of the Special Olympics, only to have it rejected as too offensive. On the record in the radio station, the review says "NOT FOR MORNINGS!" & "offensive in Britian, so perfect for the US!" I played it on every early morning show I had (as well as all the afternoon ones).

Sunroof!

Rainbow Electric Sabbath (2005)
Untitled
The date of release might be inaccurate, but I could find no conflicting information. It's droning indulgence.

4 Comments:

Blogger phia said...

oh, I remember hearing "Spasticus" when I tuned into your show! That and your adorable accent.

thanks for the music! Though the latter, to me, seems to lack the whole "panic!" aspect of drowning.

3/2/06 11:40  
Blogger billy ray said...

perhaps it says something about me that i don't think death is something to panic over.

4/2/06 12:44  
Blogger Kay R K said...

oh i accidentally played spasticus autisticus backwards and it was frightening and that Sunroof! song is great

19/2/06 19:26  
Blogger Kay R K said...

oh i accidentally played spasticus autisticus backwards and it was frightening and that Sunroof! song is great

19/2/06 19:26  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home