2005/10/23

Furry Lewis


I ain't good lookin but I take my time


Furry Lewis was amazing. Beyond being hands down my favorite slide player, there's something powerfully human about him that, for me, nobody else's got. Not to overstate the dude's talent -- there've been loads of better players, but I haven't heard any who touch his style. All his songs are appropriate for me at one time or another, & here's one of the more polished versions of a favorite.

Furry Lewis

In His Prime (Comp) (1927-28)
I Will Turn Your Money Green
"woman I hate, I see her every day; but the woman I love, she's so far away."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya, I was searching around for info on how to write a good blog. I found yours and it seems to be written well. I have a couple of blogs and I have decided to have some on current affairs and others on my personal stuff. One of my blogs in www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com and another one is my work at home mums site. You have given me a couple of tips of what I want to write about so cheers! Come and look at my site in a couple of weeks or so, it will be better then. Thanks again.

23/10/05 17:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lawmakers tread lightly in blogosphere
"Suddenly the plane just started dropping," wrote Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash. "We did this amazing zigzag in - sort of spiral down very fast - and my ears felt horrendous," she said, describing the final ...
Bookmarked, nice to see some decent content for a change. FYI have you seen this we've got a new feature, the 'Flag blog' button, which is inconveniently located between the 'Get Your Own Blog' and 'Next Blog' buttons so that we would presumably be getting some flags on error alone (although if one happens to notice it, you can unflag a blog). I don't know about this, what one person finds offensive is anothers cup of tea? Just my 2 cents, Tarot Readings .

23/10/05 17:10  
Anonymous ol dirty mza said...

oh well this is nice ah'm listenin' 2 it now dogs.--mza.

24/10/05 19:06  
Blogger phia said...

I meant to say this a while ago, but thanks for the sudden onslaught of posts. I've been absolutely loving these.

8/11/05 02:04  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home