2005/06/29

FIDDLIN' FRENCHIE BURKE, ALICIA SVIGALS, NORMAN EDMONDS, THE DALRIADA BROTHERS

Fiddlesticks.


FIDDLIN' FRENCHIE BURKE

Cajun Memories (2002)
Devil's Dream
This tune is as old as the hills, & one of those that I have yet to hear a bad version of.

ALICIA SVIGALS

Fidl: Klezmer Violin (1997)
Romanian Fantasy No. 1
Svigals is in the Klezmatics, but this tune is from her solo album.

NORMAN EDMONDS

Southern Journey, Vol. 2: Ballads & Breakdowns (1959)
Bonaparte's Retreat
The compilation this is from was one of those Lomax recordings from the Blue Ridge Mountains. This particular song is a very short, instrumental version, I believe, of what would be the popular country tune by the same name (best done, I feel, by Johnny Horton). Originally, it was an Irish reel, if I am not mistaken.

THE DALRIADA BROTHERS

Farewell to Ireland (1991)
Tripping Up the Stairs
Irish music on fiddle. I love the tunes I have found by this group, but haven't found much information on them.


Hey! You! I'm calling you out! Drop some tunes! Throw down! You know who you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home