2005/03/13

Tom T. Hall

Artist: Tom T. Hall
Song: "I Hope It Rains at My Funeral"
Writer: Tom T. Hall

The daunting Mr. Charlie & I agree that this is damned fine song. Tom T. Hall has that sing/speak thing going for him, which he does oh so well, & he's a cynical old man, deep down. This song & "Ballad of Forty Dollars" are two of the finest works of country cynicism ever written.

I think Charlie wants this played at his funeral. I can't say as I blame him. Personally, I don't intend to die, but I can see how if I did, I'd want this played.

Fact of the day: Tom T. Hall & Willie Nelson wrote every country song ever written.

Yeah, so I've got nothing else to add.

Download it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie W. said...

Yes, this is one of my favorite Tom T. Hall songs and I want it played at my funeral. I want you to make sure that this happens since you are going to be living forever. Please make it happen. I don't care who else is there and trying to argue with you. Make sure they know it was my dying request at the age of 25.

14/3/05 21:42  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home