2005/03/12

Terminals, Kak

SONG 1
If you've been following along and know a lot of the records I've been posting from, you've probably noticed that I've got a tendency to post the most radio-friendly track I can find on the album. And I'm okay with that. Well, this time I didn't, although I came close. The Terminals were a great late-80's early-90's "punk" band hailing from New Zealand - punk being in quotes because, as you'll be able to tell from the mp3, they were more of a dark rock band than anything. Supposedly their live shows were intense, although the live album I have of theirs doesn't really reflect that. The guitarist used to be in The Clean, and several other members came from Scorched Earth Policy and Victor Dimisich Band. Don't mind the melodrama; they definitely have fun-capacity and know how to rock out, but not like The Enemy or Snapper or anything. Plenty of tracks full of great guitar hooks and a solid beat, that sort of thing. Anyway, this is the title track from their 1990 LP Uncoffined. If you'd like to hear more, there's an excellent compilation called Cul-De-Sacthat I'd recommend but it definitely focuses on their lighter side. I couldn't find album art so pretend this is it.


Terminals - Uncoffined


SONG 2
I made a reference to Kak in the Pax entry below. They're one of my favorite psych bands ever, all for their one and only 1968 LP. Eventually Kak-Ola was released, a reissue with several bonus tracks. The song I'm posting isn't wonderfully representative as most of the album is harder - and proggier at times - without ever going overboard, even with names like "Trieulogy: Golgotha, Mirage, Rain." This one's relaxed, smoothed out and pretty, but still tight. It's also the longest thing I've ever posted here and probably ever will post here at 5:55.


Kak - Lemonaide Kid


NOT A SONG

Also: my girlfriend just told me about this, which is nuts but believably so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home