2005/03/24

Elizabeth Cotten

Can't really say much about this one. It's pulled from Elizabeth Cotten's 1958 lp Negro Folk Songs and Tunes later retitled as Freight Train and Other North Carolina Folk Songs and Tunes on Folkways, and it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. It's been especially good to me today & I've been whistling it all over the place for a while, so I thought I'd share it here.

Elizabeth Cotten

Negro Folk Songs and Tunes (1958)
Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie


Also, for posters: if a song file is larger than 5 MB then please consider converting it to a lower bit rate but not lower than 128kbps. Nothing here should be higher than 192kbps. If you break this rule, no big deal; I'll fix it up for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home